What is Dermafrac treatment?
Equinox DermaFrac™ system is an innovative 4-in-1 cosmetic device allowing for an effective three phase treatment process including:
Designed to improve the overall appearance of your skin, DermaFrac™ is safe and effective for many skin types and has been shown to improve appearance of multiple conditions such as scars, stretch marks, skin dehydration, superficial fine lines & wrinkles, pigmented areas, sun spots and uneven skin tone. Our Dermafrac technology combines Microdermabrasion, Micro Needling, LED Light Therapy and Product Infusion. The Equinox Dermafrac handpiece uses vacuum to pull the skin in contact with hundreds of micro-needles. The micro-needles create pathways for the machine to infuse targeted serums deeper into the skin. There are four types of serums that can be used to treat specific skin concerns. The combination of treatments result in collagen production, reduced pore size, smoother skin texture and an overall improvement in of your skin’s appearance.
Your treatment will be individualised by the selection of one of the specifically formulated Dermafrac serums:
Hydration and Plumping
This serum uses Hyaluronic acid to trigger intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and plump the skin. Vitamin A accelerates cell turnover to revitalize the skin.
The Acne Solution features two key active ingredients. Salicylic acid opens clogged pores and neutralizes bacteria within the pores. Lactic acid exfoliates the outer layer of skin and increases collagen production to reduce blackheads and whiteheads.
Anti-Aging Skin Rejuvenation
This serum has five active ingredients that stimulate fibroblast and collagen production in the skin. They also help relax muscles to prevent wrinkling from repeated muscle movement.
Lightening and Brightening
This serum uses Kojic acid to lighten skin by suppressing melanocyte activity and pigmentation
Where can Dermafrac be used?
Dermafrac may be used on the skin of the face and body to improve the appearance of a variety of aesthetic concerns including and not restricted to the following:
- Problematic skin: congestion, non-inflammatory comedones, blemishes, oiliness, dilated pores Thickened skin
- Skin requiring support with barrier function enhancement
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Epidermal pigmentation
- Stretch marks
- Premature ageing and photo damaged skin
- Dull, lifeless and sallow complexions
- Rough skin requiring exfoliation
What is the down time following Equinox Dermafrac treatment?
Exquinox Dermafrac is a comfortable treatment that will never harm your skin. However, you may experience:
- Mild to medium erythema, oedema and heat (generally resolves after 24 hours)
- Skin may feel slightly tight and dry
- Some pinpoint bleeding if required by the selected depth of treatment (not generally recommended – experienced operators only) Delayed
Post Treatment Care
- Apply water based products with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, and non-irritant forms of Vitamins B and C.
- Apply an occlusive water-based topical product such as Aspect Gold Post Treatment Balm to assist with reducing trans epidermal water loss to support skin hydration and wound healing processes
Have you thought about other treatments?
- Medical Grade Chemical Peels
- Microdermabrasion and LED
- BB Glow Mesotherapy
- LED Therapy
- Laser Rejuvenation/Pigmentation
Being a part of Equinox the Elite gives you access to amazing savings and receiving a monthly signature Microdermabrasion. To maximise the results, you can upgrade it to a Dermafrac Treatment with 50% discount. Visit the Equinox Elite Club page to find out more about our amazing deals.